Wireless Router Recommendations
When looking to purchase a wireless router, we recommend the following models. Note: North Star Fiber does not hold any affiliations with these manufacturers and only recommends these options as a convenience to you as a customer.
60mbps 200mbps 600mbps 1000mbps Tenda AC18 • • TP-Link Archer C1900 • • ASUS RT-AC1900 • • TP-Link Archer C2300 • • • ASUS RT-AC3200+ • • • • ASUS RT-AC5300 • • • • Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 • • • • TP-Link Talon AD7200 • • • •
What features should I look for in a Wireless Router?
- Wireless router only equipment (Modems and Modem/Router combination equipment will not work with our service)
- Dual Band AC Wireless
- Gigabit ports (e.g. 10/100/1000mbps) if you're subscribing to a service tier above 60mbps
- Dual Band AC rating of AC1900 or better recommended for 200mbps
- Dual Band AC rating of AC3200 or better recommended for 600mbps and 1000mbps
- We do not recommend the following brands of routers: Belkin, Linksys, D-Link
Wireless Routers can be purchased from many retailers, including the following:
Apple AirPort wireless routers are known to, at times, automatically default to a "bridged mode"....
Many factors dictate the speeds you will see over a wireless connection. Before calling Technical...
Solutions to try before calling Technical SupportPower cycle your wireless routerSome issues can...